Wednesday 6 February 2008

My Finals

Basically for my final pieces I wanted to create four images that all represent their theme individually but then all link together in some way creating the bigger picture. The different themes, all which are part of life, are usually always linked together providing different elements which make up a situation.

I chose a situation that is apparent now, always being debated. That being George Bush and his War on Terror?


The first piece is based on truth. I looked back over my blog back to the piece on truth and found that it highlighted the situation of war. In my response i put across the message of how soldiers are being killed for a reason which may not be for the war on terror against their country but for oil. I wanted to highlight this same message in the piece by using crosses to represent death. That being the death of soldiers.

I used blue because it is a pure colour symbolising truth.


For the second piece I used the symbol of peace to highlight what George Bush wants to achieve with his actions. By using the colour white this symbolises peace and serenity. More of George Bush's face is also revealed. in this piece.


This piece symbolises Unity. I used the colour green because it represents togetherness. From looking back at my pieces on Unity i found that the protestor boards worked really well and linked with the theme of my final pieces well. The piece also reveals more of George Bush's face.


The last piece is based on the theme of Uncertainty. I used the colour purple because it represents mystery. as for the content i wanted to highlight the question of war. Is it a war on terror or is it a war for oil? I hand rendered the Oil drum because i didnt want and photography in my piece. Especialy when i am highlighting uncertainty. If it was a photograph it would provoke a definate answer.

For the background i created it by layering up ripped up newspaper around George Bush's face. The reason for this is that i wanted the underlying message of how media is surrounding the situation of George Bush and the war and they have a lot of control of how the story is told. I sprayed over the newspaper in black just to hide some of it so it wasnt too overpowering and full of news type. The paint i splattered across each of the pieces because i wanted it to look random but give the colour theme across for the theme i was representing.

I added most of the actual content items on digitally. I did this becuase it created more depth to the image and gave me the ability to add type where appropriate. This mix of media gives the piece a sense of questionability.

No comments: